The lawyers of Shohei Ohtani claim that he was the victim of ‘zero violations’ in the movement to dismiss the Hawaii real estate lawsuit

The lawyers of Shohei Ohtani claim that he was the victim of ‘zero violations’ in the movement to dismiss the Hawaii real estate lawsuit

Honolulu -Los Angeles Dodgers -star Shohei Ohtani and his agent, Nez Balelo, moved to dismiss a lawsuit that was filed last month and accused them of causing a Hawaii real estate investor and broker dismissed from a luxury housing development of $ 240 million at the Hapuna -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast – -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast -Cast – -Cast -Cast -Cast – -Cast -Cast.

Ohtani and Balelo were sued for August 8 in the Hawaii Circuit Court for the first circuit by developer Kevin J. Hayes Sr. and real estate agent Tomoko Matsumoto, West Point Investment Corp. and Hapuna Estates Property Owners, who accused them of ‘abuse of strength’, who reportedly resulted in unlawful interference and unrichment.


Dodgers designated Slagman Shohei Ohtani (17) runs to the Dek Circle against the San Francisco Giants in the sixth inning in Oracle Park. Cary Edmondson-Imagn images

Hayes and Matsumoto were brought from the development agreement by Kingsbarn Realty Capital, the majority of the joint venture.

In papers die zondag zijn ingediend, zeiden advocaten voor Ohtani en Balelo dat Hayes en Matsumoto in 2023 rechten hebben gekocht voor een joint venture waarin ze een minderheidspercentage bezaten om de naam, het imago en de gelijkenis van Ohtani te gebruiken onder een goedkeuringsovereenkomst om de onroerendgoedontwikkeling van de Venture in de Mauna Kea Resort te gebruiken. The lawyers said that Ohtani was a ‘victim of zero violations’.

“Without the knowledge of Ohtani and his agent Nez Balelo, the claimants operated the name and photo of Ohtani to take the traffic to a website that brought the own side project development of the claimants to the market,” the lawyers wrote. “They were concerned with this self -handling without permission, and without paying Ohtani for that use, in a selfish and unlawful attempt to take advantage of their proximity to the most famous baseball player in the world.”

The lawyers claimed that Hayes and Matsumoto had sued an indictment after “Balelo did his work and protected his client by expressing just concern about this abuse and threatening to take legal action against this clear eclipse.” They called Balelo’s actions “clearly protected speech”


Shohei Ohtani and his agent Nez Balelo during an NFL game.
Shohei Ohtani and his agent Nez Balelo live an NFL football match between the Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints, Thursday 21 December 2023. AP

In a statement issued after the court case was submitted last month, Kingsbarn called the allegations “completely frivolous and without merit.”

Ohtani is a triple MVP on the defensive World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.

“Nez Balelo has always given the priority to the best interests of Shohei Ohtani, including protecting his name, image and similarity against unauthorized use,” said a lawyer for Ohtani and Balelo, in a statement. “This frivolous lawsuit is a desperate attempt by claimants to distract from their countless failures and flagrant eclipse of the rights of Mr. Ohtani.”

Lawyers for Hayes and Matsumoto did not immediately respond to a request for comments.

#lawyers #Shohei #Ohtani #claim #victim #violations #movement #dismiss #Hawaii #real #estate #lawsuit

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *