Djokovic explained that he does not want an increase for himself, but for players lower in the rankings that trust Grand Slams.
“I see that in the past when I talk about this topic, people like to say:” Well, look at him who want more money for themselves “. It’s not about,” said the 24-way Grand Slam winner.
“I just have it in general. Not many tennis players live out of this sport worldwide. That is not something I have been talked about enough.
“It is also important to understand that we live in a very commercial world. Entertainment and sports companies are very large.
“And for Grand Slams they are also doing very well. So the US Open increased the prize money. Other slams also do it. But they also have a greater income than the previous year.
“Then there is the inflation section that is a completely different subject, but important to take into account when talking about these things.
“In general it is definitely a positive step.”
Earlier this year, the Professional Tennis Players ‘Association (PTPA) launched legal steps against the administrative bodies of tennis, with reference to “competitive practices and a blatant contempt for players’ well -being”.
The lawsuit of the Players’ Group, which was co -founded by Djokovic, asked what it describes as “monopolistic control” of the tennis tour, as well as the financial compensation of the ATP, the WTA, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA).
Djokovic then said that “there are things that I agree with in the court case, and then there are things that I do not agree with”.
Djokovic starts on Sunday with his US Open campaign against the American student Tien in Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York City.
#Open #Novak #Djokovic #calls #rise #Grand #Slam #tennis #price #money


