Netanyahu says he hopes to bring all Gaza hostages home in the coming days’

Netanyahu says he hopes to bring all Gaza hostages home in the coming days’

4 minutes, 43 seconds Read

The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that he hoped to take the hostages home that Hamas will be held in the coming days and the group will be disarmed “the easy way or the hard way”, because negotiators went to Cairo for conversations aimed at almost two years of war in Gaza.
President Donald Trump of the United States warned that he “would not tolerate a delay” of the Palestinian militant group, after it had responded positively to his route map for freeing the prisoners and managing post -war Gaza.
While Trump had called on Israel to stop his bombing of the Gaza Strip after the announcement of Hamas, the strikes continued on Saturday, killed at least 57 people since dawn, according to the Civil Defense Agency of the Palestinian territory.

Netanyahu has credited “military and diplomatic pressure” with compelling Hamas to agree to release the prisoners in a television statement on Saturday evening local time (Sunday morning AEST).

“I hope that we can return all our hostages in the coming days … during the Sukkot holidays,” said Netanyahu, referring to the Jewish festival that starts on Monday and runs for a week.

Negotiations that take place in Cairo

The prime minister added that he had ordered negotiators to Egypt “to complete the technical details”, where Cairo confirmed that it would also organize a delegation of Hamas for conversations about “the land conditions and details of the exchange of all Israeli prisoners and Palestinian prisoners” according to Trump’s proposal.
Trump also sent two envoys to Egypt on Saturday, according to the White House: his son-in-law Jared Kushner and his most important negotiator Steve Witkoff in the Middle East.

On Friday evening, Hamas announced “his approval for the release of all hostages – life and remains – according to the exchange formula included in President Trump’s proposal”.

Trump immediately greeted the statement as proof that the group was “ready for a lasting peace” and called on Israel to stop the bombing.
On Saturday he warned the group to “move” to a deal quickly “, otherwise all bets will be switched off”.
In the meantime, Netanyahu stated in his comments on Saturday that “Hamas will be disarmed … diplomatic via Trump’s plan or military by us”.

From Saturday evening a crowd of thousands gathered in Tel Aviv who encouraged Trump to ensure that a deal was closed.

Dozens killed in Gaza despite the Order of Trump

Despite Trump’s call for a break in operations, Israel performed deadly strikes in Gaza on Saturday.
“The death of the current Israeli bombing since dawn is today at 57, including 40 only in Gaza City,” said Mahmud Bassal, a spokesperson for the Civil Defense Agency, a rescue organization that operates under Hamas Authority.
Israeli troops have carried out a major air and ground attack around the city in recent weeks.

“The Israeli bombing on Gaza continues with the same intensity and pattern air attacks, skilling artillery and quadcopter-drone fire,” said Mohammed Al-Muhayyir, also of the civil defense agency.

Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu met in the White House last week and announced a 20-point American peace plan for Gaza. Source: Getty / Win McNamee

Mahmud al-Ghazi, 39, a resident of the Al-Rimal district in Gaza City, said: “Israel has escalated his attacks” since Trump’s call for a break.

“Who will stop Israel now? We need the negotiations to move faster to stop this genocide and the running bloodshed,” he added.
The Israeli army said it was still operating in Gaza City and warned residents not to return there, adding that this would be “extremely dangerous”.

Israeli media reported that the army had shifted to a defensive attitude in Gaza after Trump’s call, although the army did not confirm this.

No role for Hamas

A Hamas officer said that Egypt, a mediator in the arms study, would organize a conference for Palestinian factions to decide on post-war plans for Gaza.
In his response to the Trump plan, Hamas had insisted that it should have participation in the future of the territory.
The plan stipulates that Hamas and other factions “play no role in the Gaza board”, while also calling for the hostilities, the release of hostages within 72 hours, a gradual Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and Hamas’s disarmament.

This would be taken over the management of the territory by a technocratic body under the supervision of a post -war transition authority led by Trump itself.

Comments in Gaza

Jamila Al-Sayyid, 24, a resident of the Al-Zeitoun district in Gaza City, said that he was “happy when Trump announced a ceasefire, but the war aircraft didn’t stop”.

A journalist in the coastal area of ​​Al-Mawasi at the Agence France-Presse news agency reported hearing festive cries of “Allahu Akbar!” (God is greatest) From tents, Palestinians houses the statement of Hamas spread.

“The best thing is that President Trump himself has announced a ceasefiring -and Netanyahu will not be able to escape this time … (Trump) is the only one who can force Israel to comply and stop the war,” said Sami Adas, who lives in a tent in Gaza City with his family.
For the past two years, Gazanen have confronted with previous false dawn, when Trump and others declared on various points during negotiations between Hamas, Israel and Arabian and American mediators that was a deal close, only for war to rage.
“Will it happen? Can we trust Trump? Maybe we trust Trump, but will Netanyahu stay this time? He has always sabotaged everything and continued the war. I hope he ends it now,” said Aya, 31, who was displaced with her family to beat the central Gaza strip.
With additional reporting from the Reuters news agency

#Netanyahu #hopes #bring #Gaza #hostages #home #coming #days

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *