San Diego – The Mets sent a Reliever down that was bound for the team leader in Spellen.
Need an arm that was not tired and a fresher, more stretched version of Huascar Brazobán later in the season, the Mets activated the Righty, who had thrown in more competitions than any reliever in the team except Reed Garrett.
Brazobán has been a mainstay for the club throughout the season, although his use had evolved during the grind of a long season.
When the Mets Bullpen was at its best in April, Brazobán was a multi-inning weapon that had recorded no fewer than seven outs in an appearance and threw 34 throws in his seasonal debut.
In each of the last 12 games of the 35-year-old, he did not register more than three.
When Brazobán returns later this summer, the Mets hopes that they will raise the strong, long reliever they saw in April.
“He did a lot for us,” said Carlos Mendoza manager before the 7-1 loss of Tuesday to the Padres in Petco Park. “We want to use this time to keep building it here for a possible role – because we have told him:” You’ll be back here. “
Brazobán will have a more scrapped throwing program with Triple-A Syracuse, which extends to “hopefully to 40 fields,” said Mendoza.
The Mets needed a new arm, and Brazobán’s was not: he contributed to Monday’s fifth inning and had an ERA of 10.66 in his last 14 games.
Usually, when the club needs a Reliever that could be available immediately in the past month, it has appointed a pitcher for assignment. This time, while the Mets made room for the recently DFA’d and now again signed Chris Devenski,
Brazobán was sent down and Rico Garcia was retained.
Garcia, who has been in and out of the grid, has delivered – he played games without allowing a point in 9 ²/₃ innings with the Mets. He tries to perform a more permanent role in the bullpen.
“He continues to show us that he can help us,” said Mendoza about the right one.

Jesse Winker (Return) is not close to a return.
Winker is placed on the injured list on the injured list and does “not much,” Mendoza said, and is at least a few days away from resuming baseball activities.
The Mets are still sure that Winker will return this season at some point.
“That’s what the trainers tell us,” said Mendoza. “We just had to wait.”
For the first time the entire season, Jeff McNeil, who hit 1-out-4, started a third consecutive game in midfield.
Earlier this season, the Mets had shown more caution with a natural infielder whose legs they want to keep fresh.
“Using the beautiful weather here. San Francisco was not too hot,” said Mendoza. “I will check it with him. He is doing well to just follow that workload.”
Tylor Megill (Judge elbow disposal) has been set to give a bull pen session that approaches several “innings” on Wednesday, Mendoza said.
If everything goes well, the right hitter would stand.
#Mets #send #Huascar #Brazoban #minors #hope #extend


