ATP tour
Draper will miss the 2026 Australian swing due to injury
Brit recovers from arm injury
December 26, 2025
Jack Draper is the number 10 player in the PIF ATP rankings.
By ATP staff
Jack Draper announced on social media on Friday that he will not compete in Australia to start his 2026 season due to the arm injury he is recovering from.
“Unfortunately me and my team have decided not to go to Australia this year. It’s a very, very difficult decision, with Australia being a Grand Slam, it’s obviously one of the biggest tournaments in our sport,” Draper said in a video he posted to X, formerly known as Twitter. “However, I have had this injury for a long time. I am in the very last phase of the process and to return to the court so quickly in best-of-five sets tennis does not seem like the smart decision for me and my tennis at the moment.”
“I’ve obviously had my fair share of setbacks so far. But this is by far the most difficult and complex one I’ve had.”
pic.twitter.com/giFCnLAPVI
— Jack Draper (@jackdraper0) December 26, 2025
The British lefty has played one tour-level match since Wimbledon, a first-round win at the US Open. Draper subsequently withdrew from the final major of the season and did not compete again in 2025.
The 24-year-old is struggling with an arm injury. The No. 10 player in the PIF ATP Rankings posted a 30-9 record in 2025, according to the Infosys ATP Win/Loss Index. He won his first ATP Masters 1000 title in Indian Wells.
“It always seems to manage to make me more resilient, to make me hungrier, to make me just want to become the player I want to become even more,” Draper said of his injury. “I look forward to getting back on the road and competing in 2026.”
#Jack #Draper #Australian #swing #due #injury #ATP #tour #Tennis

