In the midst of a row over alleged irregularities in the behavior of computer -based recruitment exam for jobs of the government, said chairman of the personnel selection committee (SSC) S. Gopalakrishnan on Monday (August 25, 2025) that all “technical and operational issues” were resolved.
He said that the new system implemented by the committee was aimed at guaranteeing more transparency and fairness in the recruitment process, and of the upcoming combined research into Graduate Level (CGL), such disturbances would be expected to be resolved.
The statement comes in the middle of ongoing protests in the national capital and some other parts of the country by aspirants of the government and coaching institutions who claimed that they had experienced different issues, including technical and operational problems and exam centers that are far from the candidates (in some cases), during the behavior of selection costs/2025, 202 -exams 2025, 2025, 2025, 2025, 2025, 2025, 2025, 2025.
“The technical and operational issues are resolved, and such disturbances are not expected from the subsequent CGL exams. The entities involved, whether the ECA (Exam -conducted agency) or the content providers, are subject to strict similarities in the field of service level and the SSC head of the SSCthtoets on the SSCthtoets on the SSCTOOTSnan are here on the SSCTOESTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTTOTSNAN. On the SSC head button on the SSC head button on the SSC head text.
The SSC is one of the largest recruitment agencies in the Union Government, with a primary mandate to perform selections for non-gazetted posts in different ministries and departments of the Union, among others.
‘Test canceled at two locations’
Referring to the protests, Mr. Gopalakrishnan said that around 5.5 Lakh candidates will post the recent exams for the first selection.
He said that on July 24 the test was canceled at two locations from 194 and then again planned.
“A detailed log analysis has been performed and around 59,000 candidates have been identified for those who, to set the record, three special exam shifts for selection costs exams are planned on August 29,” said Mr. Gopalakrishnan.
However, he said that the computer-based tests for the stenograph posts were performed from 6 to 8 August without any problems, and repeated that the disturbances would be expected to be tackled from the CGL exam, which was postponed until mid-September.
Because some aspirants were allocated distant exam centers, the chairman said that the previous exam, conducting agency, TCS, had many centers where they could accommodate more seats per team.
“The new ECA started setting up centers in many places. As a result, candidates in some cities for the first test were planned for far places. This was reduced from the Steno (Stenographer) exam, when 80% candidates received centers in cities of their choice,” he said.
‘Coaching institutes protesting to save things’
While he was confronted with further questions about the protest, the SSC chef coaching institutions criticized and said they had nothing to do with the interests of real candidates or the functioning of the committee.
He said they had joined the protest to save their business, which had been seriously affected because of various reforms initiated by the committee, including “E-files”-a system for safe, sabotage-proof and transparent handling of candidate files of recruitment exams.
Furthermore, the deviation from the old pattern of questions had not used their (coaching centers) material, he said.
Mr. Gopalakrishnan said that the style of conducting recruitment exams had changed since July 2025.
“Consequently, an order of the Supreme Court, the responsibility for questions were unlocked and given to other selected agencies. Until June 2025, for all SSC exams, TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) used to ask the questions. From July 2025 the questions came from the ECA,” he said.
‘Bugs tackled in digital demand delivery system’
About glitches in the computer -based tests, he said that there was an important change that digital questions were delivered from a safe, and in this process there had been some bugs that resulted in duplication of questions, several repetitions of the same options, etc., who had been tackled.
“Although these should be avoided, there will be no impact on candidates, because the effect is uniform, markings that are tackled by demand publication mechanism and the acceptance of an equivalent normal method of standardization to balance differences in exam difficulties in various shifts,” said the SSC chef.
He said that the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) for IT security was set because CBTs were susceptible to technological hacking attempts and in most cases “in accordance with private testing centers engaged by the ECA to carry out the exams”.
“This called for technical integration between the CDAC and Eduquity (examination guide), which came about after a few days after the first hik,” said Mr. Gopalakrishnan.
He said that two other entities had been engaged – one for exam monitoring and another for the development of content tools and offering IT application support.
“In contrast to the earlier pattern where all activities were carried out by a single entity, tests are now being performed with active involvement of several agencies,” said the SSC chef.
Published – August 26, 2025 12:48 pm
#Technical #operational #problems #solved #SSC #Chief #Iregularities #recruitment #exams


