Clippers-owner Steve Ballmer invested nearly $ 10 million in March 2023 in the business spiration, which reportedly gave Kawhi Leonard a no-show deal that the NBA is now investigating, The athletics reported Friday.
This investment came 18 months after Ballmer’s investment of $ 50 million in Aspiration, which is behind the probe of the competition in the clippers to see if Leonard got a silk to bypass the salary limit.
Pablo Torre reported for the first time on 3 September about the alleged four-year-old, $ 28 million no-show approval Deal that Leonard received.
Ballmer’s investment came in 2023 because aspiration was desperate on the basis of financing and only three months after an investment of $ 1.99 million from Dennis Wong, who acts as vice chairman of the clippers, reported athletics.
Shortly after the investment of Wong, according to Torre, the financial technology company made a payment of $ 1.75 million to Leonard.
Ballmer’s initial investment of $ 50 million in December 2021 came three months after the company had signed a deal worth more than $ 300 million with the clippers who made them one of the founding sponsor of the new arena of the team.
Leonard, 34, then signed a four-year-old deal with a value of $ 28 million with aspiration seven months later, the company struggling to make its three-month payments to the six-fold all-star.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver confirmed on Wednesday that the competition will investigate Ballmer, but will not hand out a punishment unless there is difficult evidence.
“I would be reluctant to act if there was only an appearance of inappropriate. I think the purpose of a full investigation is to discover if there was really inappropriate,” Silver said. “Because the public also sometimes comes to conclusions in an audience -oriented sport that later turns out to be completely incorrect.
“I wish someone else who is in the situation, Mr. Ballmer is now, or Kawhi Leonard, to be treated in the same way as I would like to be treated if people make accusations against me.”
During a performance at “Sports Center” last week he was connected by Aspiratie, whose co-founder, Joe Sanberg, guilty of two counts of wire fraud for cheating investors and lenders of more than $ 248 million, The Ministry of Justice has announced In August.
“These were guys who committed fraud. Look, they defeated me. They defeated me. I made an investment in these guys and thought it was aware, and they gave me in this stage. I have no state to predict why they might have done everything, let alone the specific contract with Kawhi,” Ballmer said.
“I rated, my employees mainly assessed fraudulent financial data,” he added. “Now, should I have sniffed it? Maybe I feel ashamed and a bit stupid that I didn’t show it, but I didn’t.
#Steve #Ballmer #van #Clippers #million #investment #company #reportedly #gave #Kawhi #Leonard #noshow #deal


