First lawsuit filed against Trump’s ‘random’ $ 100,000 H-1b visa rule

First lawsuit filed against Trump’s ‘random’ $ 100,000 H-1b visa rule

2 minutes, 36 seconds Read

Weeks after President Donald Trump of the United States had signed a proclamation that imposed a fee of $ 100,000 for each new H-1B visa for skilled foreign employees, a coalition of trade unions, educators, religious groups and other organizations brought the first major lawsuit against the relocation, and Capric called it “randomly and Capric.

The lawsuit, submitted on Friday (local time) in the northern district of California, is the first major lawsuit that has been filed against the new Visa Fee rules, according to the New York Times. The claimants argued that the government’s step was illegal because the US president has no authority to impose taxes or income -generating measures without the approval of the congress.

The groups said the Trump administration did not follow the required regulation process before the reimbursement was announced. They described the decision as “random and fickle” and warned that the steep costs would harm hospitals, churches, schools, non -profit organizations and small companies that depend on competent foreign employees. “The federal government ignored the impact that this would have on communities throughout the country,” said the statement according to the New York Times.

The dispute stems from a proclamation signed by President Donald Trump last month, who set the $ 100,000 for each new H-1B visa. The announcement caused immediate confusion, where companies are hurrying to advise employees abroad to return to the United States before the change came into effect. The White House later clarified that the reimbursement would only apply to new visas and not to existing holders.

Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt of the White House had stated that the $ 100,000 reimbursement on the H-1B visa application is a one-off fee, which clarifies the misconception that it is an annual compensation. “To be clear: this is not an annual reimbursement. It is a one -off reimbursement that only applies to the petition. This only applies to new visas, no extensions and no current visa holders,” said Karoline Leavitt in a post on X.

She also announced that the reimbursement will not be charged on H-1B visa holders who are currently outside the country. “Those who already have H-1B-VISA and are currently outside the country are currently not charged $ 100,000 to come in again. H-1b visa holders can leave the country to the same extent and enter to the same extent as normally; whatever the ability to do, that is not influenced by yesterday’s proclamation,” she said.

The Trump administration has defended the policy and says that the visa program has long hurt American employees by allowing companies to import talent at the expense of domestic jobs. The White House had issued a fact sheet, with which Trump justified Trump’s relocation to impose an annual fee of $ 100,000 to H-1B visa applications, stating concern about American employees who were replaced by “lower-paid foreign labor”. The White House stated that the IT employees with H-1B-VISA has risen from 32 percent in FY 2003 to more than 65 percent in recent years, which emphasizes growing unemployment among American citizens because of the H-1B-VISA “abuse”.

Published on October 4, 2025

#lawsuit #filed #Trumps #random #H1b #visa #rule

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *