Civil defense exercise postponed in Haryana, Rajasthan, Chandigarh; Punjab is planning it before June 3

Civil defense exercise postponed in Haryana, Rajasthan, Chandigarh; Punjab is planning it before June 3

2 minutes, 50 seconds Read

After the government had pronounced a civil defense exercise on Thursday in states and trade union areas that border the western border, Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab postponed the planned Mockborte on Wednesday.

The government of Haryana said on Wednesday evening that the civil defense exercise – Operation Shield – was planned for Thursday, postponed after the instructions of the Ministry of Federal House.

“According to the instructions of the Ministry of the Interior of the Union, the Haryana Home Department announced the postponement of the extensive civil defense exercise, Operation Shield, which would be performed on Thursday,” said an official statement.

All deputy commissioners and other stakeholders have been informed about this, according to the statement.

The Chandigarh government also announced a postponement of the civil defense exercise.

A statement issued by the UT administration on Wednesday evening said: “According to the instructions of the Indian government, it was informed that the civil defense, Operation Shield, which was planned for 29 May, is postponed for administrative reasons. Earlier in the day, the Haryana Government issued a statement that said a fake exercise of the State of the State of the State of the State of the State of the State of the State of the State of the State. to strengthen emergency.

The fake exercise was also postponed in Rajasthan, where this Thursday would be held in all districts, officials said.

According to an official statement, the civil defense exercise has been postponed for administrative reasons and a new date will be announced shortly.

Earlier, the Civil Ministry of Defense issued guidelines for carrying out a Black -Out and fake exercise in all 41 districts of the state on Thursday evening.

The Punjab government meanwhile prescribed the center on Wednesday and presented on 3 June as the date for performing the fake exercise, and quoted that their civil defense personnel was followed by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).

A senior police officer in Punjab said that the center accepted the request of the state government to keep the exercise on 3 June.

Earlier, the directorate – general of fire brigade and home guards brought that the civil defense exercise – Operation Shield – will be performed in Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and Chandigarh.

The directorate, which falls under the Ministry of the Interior, said during the first civil defense exercise on 7 May, critical gaps in the preparedness of the civil defense of the vulnerable areas of the country were observed.

Instructions to take the necessary actions to tackle the problems in a suitable manner in 9 May.

Emergency powers were invoked accordingly and financing schemes were also made by the Response power of the State.

In order to increase the preparation of the civil defense against any hostile attack, Operation Shield is planned in all districts of states and UTs that border on the western border.

During the exercise there will be activation of centrally controlled and operated air raid sirens and full black -out measures that, among other things, adjacent civilian areas, says sources.

According to the plan, the evacuation of the families of one of the military stations will be practiced during the fake exercises in the case of drone attacks. The use of medical teams and the transport of blood units, among other things, will also be done, according to the plan.

Published on 29 May 2025

#Civil #defense #exercise #postponed #Haryana #Rajasthan #Chandigarh #Punjab #planning #June

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *