BCCI takes a strict step after the fight of Gautam Gambhir with oval curator

BCCI takes a strict step after the fight of Gautam Gambhir with oval curator

2 minutes, 39 seconds Read

Team India Batting Coach Sitanshu Kotak opened about a heated exchange between head coach Gautam Gambhir and the pitchcurator of the oval, Lee Fortis, prior to the fifth test. Kotak confirmed that the team would not submit a formal complaint against the bankruptcy trustee, despite the disagreement during the incident.

An important controversy took place prior to the fifth test between India and England in the Oval, which started on Thursday 31 July. During the India training session on Monday, head coach Gautam Gambhir was seen in a heated fight with pitchcurator Lee Fortis. A video quickly went viral on social media.

India not to take action against Oval Pitch curator despite the heated exchange

During a press conference on Tuesday, Sitanshu Kotak stated that the Indian team would not submit a formal complaint about this. Kotak said the staff were asked to be 2.5 meters away from the field, although they wore joggers.

Your daily dose of cricket!

next

“When we looked at Pitch, they asked us to be 2.5 meters away. We wore joggers. It was very strange. Looking at Wicket with rubber peak, nothing wrong. We see that the ground is not damaged. It is a pitch, not antiques,” Kotak told reporters.

“Curator shouted against support staff when they got Ice Box. Gambhir objected to that. The way he spoke Irked Gambhir. Everyone knows that the curator is not the easiest person to deal with at the oval,” he added.

Brendon McCullum’s 2023 Photo With Lee Fortis goes viral after Gautam Gambhir Incident

After the incident, an image of 2023 of English head coach Brendon McCullum went with Lee Fortis during the Ashes Viral. McCullum was on the pitch surface and made comparisons with the recent confrontation between Gautam Gambhir and Fortis prior to the fifth test.

This incident is only the last in a series full of tensions. Earlier in the series at Lord’s, Shubman Gill openly showed his frustration when England -Oppers Zak Crawley and Ben Duckett lasted almost 90 seconds to get out for their second innings.

In Manchester, England proposed to end the game early, because a draw seemed inevitably. Ravindra Jadeja and Washington Sundar, who approached both centuries, refused to shake hands. Their decision led to a heated exchange with Ben Stokes and other English players on the field.

What is the test record of Gautam Gambhir at The Oval?

India has played 15 test matches in The Oval since their first performance in 1936. They have only recorded two victories, six losses and seven draw at the location. However, the young team of Gautam Gambhir will encourage India’s 157-run victory on this ground in 2021.

They also suffered a defeat for Australia in the final of the World Test Championship 2023. India has to win the fifth and last test to draw the series. Shubman Gill and his team go in the oval collision, after they had yielded a hard -fought draw in the fourth test.

With Back-to-Back Series losing against New Zealand and Australia under the leadership of Gambhir, the head coach would like to avoid a new series defeat.

Also read: Asia Cup 2025- India vs Pakistan in the dark; sponsors

#BCCI #takes #strict #step #fight #Gautam #Gambhir #oval #curator

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *