Punjab Lop Bajwa booked after being interrogated by the police about ’50 bombs’ claim

Punjab Lop Bajwa booked after being interrogated by the police about ’50 bombs’ claim

6 minutes, 9 seconds Read

Hours after he has been interviewed about his claim “50 bombs” reached Punjab “, the police booked leader of opposition (LOP) on Sunday (April 13, 2025) in the State Assembly Partap Singh Bajwa on accusing misleading information that brings the sovereignty of the country and unit.

The case was registered against Bajwa at the police station of Cyber ​​Crime in Mohali on the basis of sections 197 (1) (D) (false and misleading information that endangers the sovereignty and unity of the country) and 353 (2) (false explanations are planning to create hostility and hatred or bad will) of the Bharatiyaa.

Earlier in the day, a two-fold team from the Punjab team reached the residence of Mr Bajwa and asked him about his claims, even when Prime Minister Bhagwant Mann asked the congress leader to reveal the source of his information and wonder if he had “direct ties with Pakistan”.

Mr. Bajwa continued to stick to his statement and said he collaborated with the police team, but refused to announce his sources.

A vision of the residence of Punjab Legislative Assembly Lop and Congresseider Partap Singh Bajwa, in Chandigarh

A vision of the residence of Punjab Legislative Assembly Lop and Congresseider Partap Singh Bajwa, in Chandigarh | Photocredit: Ani

The congress accused the monkey government to try “to intimidate him out of pure political vendetta” and asked it to divert public attention from the “serious threat set for peace and harmony in Punjab”.

Mr. Bajwa said: “It is deep a pity that Mann does not lead the government with the intention of serving the people of Punjab, but to perform personal vendettas. Today’s events are a clear testimony of the power mission of the AAP government.”

Earlier, Mr. Mann took out to Mr Bajwa about his claims, and said that neither Punjab Police Intelligence nor a Central Intelligence Agency shared such information.

The main minister said that strict action will be taken if Mr Bajwa’s statement was only intended to “create panic”.

Grenade attacks

In an interview to a private counting channel, Mr Bajwa claimed: “I have learned that 50 bombs have reached Punjab. Of these, 18 have exploded, 32 still has to go off.”

The claims of the Qadian MLA have been surrounded by different grenade attacks in the state in recent months.

A team of Punjab Police consisting of assistant inspector general of police Ravjot Kaur Grewal and Mohali Superintendent of Police (City) Harbir Atwal visited the residence of Mr Bajwa on Sunday and asked the source of his statement.

Aig Grewal, who spoke with reporters outside the home of Mr Bajwa, said that the police team arrived to find the source of Mr Bajwa’s information because it was a matter of national security.

“Bajwa has not announced any source or origin of this information … so far he has not given any input that is useful for us,” she said.

CM Mann requires source

In the meantime, in a video message on Sunday, Mr. Mann said: “I want to ask Bajwa how do you get this information. Do you have a direct link with Pakistan? Terrorists or an agency in Pakistan has called you and the information that has achieved 50 bombs, 18 have exploded and 32 left?”

“What is the source of your information? Neither Punjab -Intelligence nor any intelligence in the country has shared such information. How could you say that 18 bombs have exploded and 32 still have to go off. It means somewhere where you have direct ties with Pakistan, says Mann.

“It is your responsibility to share information. Are you waiting for the bombs to explode and people to die?” he asked.

“If you have no information and you have only given the statement to spread panic, then it is a serious crime. Strict action will be taken,” he said.

Congress must clarify: Mann

In this respect, Mr Mann also sought a clarification of the Congrest Party.

“Is the congress party hand in glove with anti-national armed forces and knows how many bombs have reached and exploded? The national leaders of the Congrest Party and Bajwa must also give clarification,” said the Chief Minister.

“I dedicated to the police to ask him (Mr. Bajwa) to find where the bombs are,” said Mr. Mann.

Mr Bajwa said that a police team visited his home and interviewed him for his statement.

“I gave an interview to a TV channel. My sources had told me that 50 bombs were reached here and 18 bombs have exploded at police stations in border areas and other places,” he told reporters in his home.

The Qadian MLA also said that one grenade shot took place in the residence of BJP leader Manoranjan Kalia.

“These are my own sources. Because I have stayed MLA and MP, I have my sources in Punjab, in the intelligence department and central agencies. They gave me the information two days ago and told me that the situation is sensitive (in Punjab). They warned me that I could also be one of the goals,” he said.

The congress leader said that his family was a terrorist victim and added that he escaped a bomb attack in Batala in 1990.

“My sources told me that I was most vulnerable because his party is not in power in the state, nor in the center. Be very careful,” said Mr. Bajwa.

The legislator said he collaborated with the police team and added that he could not reveal his sources. “I told officers that I’m willing to help you, but I can’t reveal my sources.”

Government Welcome to Registration Case: Bajwa

When asked that Mr. Mann spoke about taking action if he has not unveiled the source of information, Mr Bajwa said that if the government wants to register a case, the “most welcome” is.

Later, in a statement, he said: “As the leader of the opposition I hold a constitutional position and I am aware of sensitive information. I act justly and in the interest of public safety when I am such worries. Unfortunately, instead of tackling the issue, CM Mann chose to threaten me with strict action of strict, very in the morning.

“… I will not be intimidated. I have made it clear to the police officials that while I will not reveal my sources on my statement. My duty is to the people of Punjab and to the Constitution, not for the whims of a vengeful government,” Bajwa said.

He claimed: “Bhagwant Mann has been a complete failure. I want to ask him to wake up from his ‘Kumbhkarni’ sleep. Take Punjab seriously. You and your leadership are fully responsible for the current situation in Punjab.”

CONGREAT MEMBERS Respond

Some leaders of the Punjab came to the fore in the support of Mr Bajwa and said what he revealed, “was already in the public domain and for so many days were reported by different newspapers”.

The leaders caught the government’s attention for recent incidents of grenade attacks on police stations, outside a temple and residence of a senior BJP leader, in addition to desecrocation of the images of BR Ambedkar.

Condemning the “high -quality” attitude of the government and its attempts to “intimidate and involve Bajwa, the congress leaders told the government that nothing can make it from its” sins of omission and committee “.

In the meantime, Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema Bajwa closed for his statement and said that if constitutional office holder is the congress leader duty to provide solid information that he owns the police to guarantee the safety and safety of people.

#Punjab #Lop #Bajwa #booked #interrogated #police #bombs #claim

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *