‘A complete military acquisition of the occupied Gaza Strip must be stopped immediately,” insist Volker Türk, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, after the Israeli Security Cabinet has approved a plan for a fully Israeli military acquisition in the battered enclave.
The development lasts contrary to international law, continued Mr. Türk, referring to one Judicial Court of Justice That Israel must terminate its occupation and reach a two -state solution that gives Palestinians the right to self -determination.
Any further escalation of the conflict between Hamas and Israel that Gaza destroyed and killed tens of thousands’ will result in More massive forced relocation, more murder, more unbearable suffering, meaningless destruction and atrocity crimes ”, said the chief of the UN rights.
AID ACCESS CALL
In a short statement, Mr. Türk insisted that instead of intensifying the conflict, “the Israeli government should make all his efforts to save the lives of Gaza’s citizens by allowing the full, unbound stream of humanitarian aid”.
At the same time, All hostages must be immediately and unconditionally released by Palestinian armed groups, he continued and added that Palestinians randomly held by Israel must also be released.
“The war in Gaza must now end. And Israelis and Palestinians must be able to live side by side in peace,” said the high commissioner.
Little change in the situation of nasty help
Because the war broke out in Gaza after Hamas-conducted deadly terrorist attacks in Israel in October 2023, aid organizations have repeatedly warned that Israeli bombing, mass evacuation orders and auxiliary restrictions have created a humanitarian catastrophe.
Even UN employees who are still working in the enclave report can according to the UN Agency for Palestinian Refugees, UNRWA. Despite the announcement of Israel of July 27 of daily military breaks in western Gaza “to improve humanitarian reactions”, there are far too little help, there are humanitarians on it.
According to the UN -Human Rights Office, OhchrAt least 1,373 Palestinians have been killed during the search for food since 27 May; 859 near the Non-Un-Help distribution organization De Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF); Another 514 victims died along the routes of food craps.
Following widespread care for the people of Gaza, the head of the UN World Health Organization (WHO), warned that other Gazans only have limited access to basic services and food, while malnutrition is widespread and hunger -related deaths rise.
“In July, nearly 12,000 children under the age of five were identified as suffering from acute malnutrition, the highest monthly figure ever registered,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
In comments to journalists on Thursday, the WHO chef said that so far this year 99 people have died of malnutrition, including 29 children younger than five, adding that these reported figures are probably underestimated.
#Israeli #planning #full #control #Gaza #stop #Rights #Chief


