The report states that police are now focusing on unsubstantiated entries of around ₹255 crore, which were allegedly ‘not mentioned’ in the complaint filed by the bank | Photo credit: REUTERS
Private sector lender IndusInd Bank said on Friday it is not part of any new fraud probe. This was in response to a news report today stating that the Economic Offenses Wing (EOW) of Mumbai Police is investigating alleged accounting irregularities at IndusInd Bank.
The report states that the police are now focusing on unsubstantiated bookings of around ₹255 crore, which were allegedly ‘not mentioned’ in the complaint filed by the bank when it announced a lapse of nearly ₹2,000 crore.
“We would like to clarify that the accounting irregularity of ₹255 crores as mentioned in the news report is not part of any new investigation conducted by the Bank and these findings were part of the investigation report submitted by the independent external agency to the Bank in April 2025,” the lender said.
“The Bank has made all necessary disclosures in this regard and has appropriately reflected the resulting impact of these accounting differences in the audited financial statements of the Bank for the financial year 24-25 disclosed on May 21, 2025,” it added.
Earlier this year, IndusInd Bank announced that it had found “irregularities” in its derivatives portfolio that could have an impact of ₹2,000 crore on the bank’s net worth. Subsequently, the bank saw the resignation of former director Sumant Kathpalia and deputy director Arun Khurana, who took moral responsibility for the discrepancies.
Published on October 17, 2025
#IndusInd #Bank #part #fraud #investigation

