Henry Cejudo would “rather strip than BKFC” | BJPenn.com

Henry Cejudo would “rather strip than BKFC” | BJPenn.com

Henry Cejudo would rather align his path with something resembling an Only Fans content creator than sign up to compete in the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship.

This was touched upon by the former two-division UFC champion during a conversation with former UFC welterweight kingpin Kamaru Usman. During a recent episode of the Pounds 4 Pounds podcast, co-hosts Usman and Cejudo recapped some of the big happenings in the fighting world from the first weekend of October.

This included BKFC 82, which took place on October 4 and saw Mike Perry defeat Jeremy Stephens to remain the King of Violence, while Christine Ferea defeated Jessica Borga to become the inaugural Queen of Violence.

After Usman finished talking about how you’re almost guaranteed to break your hands if you compete in something like bare-knuckle boxing, Cejudo said:

“That’s a damn sport where I’m like Jesus, bro, last resort. I’d rather strip than do BKFC, bro. On my life… If all these female UFC fighters can do it, why can’t I do it?”

Henry Cejudo is booked for UFC 323, but it could be his last

Henry Cejudo will compete in mixed martial arts once more in 2025, but since his next bout will close out the year on the company’s pay-per-view schedule, Cejudo could also close the book on his competitive MMA efforts. This thought is related to comments he made shortly after his setback at Song Yadong in February. Cejudo suffered eye injury complications that left him concerned about his long-term health situation after the fight.

During the NCAA finals, in an interaction with US President Donald Trump, the former Olympic gold medalist seemed to put a timeline on things, as Cejudo said he had one left in him and called it that. If that’s still in line with how ‘Triple C’ feels about it, it means rising star Payton Talbott will be his final dance partner. That bantamweight fight will take place on December 6, on a card that will both see the defense of the titles he previously held.

Merab Dvalishvili defends the bantamweight title in a rematch with Petr Yan, while Alexandre Pantoja defends his flyweight crown against the rising Joshua Van.

Cejudo also previously retired from MMA after defending his bantamweight belt against Dominick Cruz in May 2020. So even if he decides to hang up the gloves to close out 2025, Cejudo has already set a precedent that he’s ready to return to action after announcing his swan song.

#Henry #Cejudo #strip #BKFC #BJPenn.com

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *