Crystal Palace ‘completely deserted’ as Glasner strikes

Crystal Palace ‘completely deserted’ as Glasner strikes

2 minutes, 40 seconds Read

Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner lashed out at the club’s hierarchy after Saturday’s defeat to Sunderland, accusing them of letting the team down.

Yeremy Pino gave the Eagles the lead after half an hour at the Stadium of Light, but the hosts immediately scored with Enzo La Fee’s equalizer. Brian Brobbey struck with twenty minutes remaining to hand the win to the Black Cats.

Glasner, who this week revealed he will leave Selhurst Park at the end of the season, was brutally honest in his post-match comments about the situation at the club.

The Austrian coach lamented the decision to sell Marc Guehi to Manchester City the day before the match and the lack of options off the bench.

Crystal Palace ‘completely abandoned’ as Glasner attacks hierarchy

“I have seen a team that leaves its heart on the pitch,” Glasner told BBC Match of the Day. “As you’ve seen, we couldn’t make a substitution, we didn’t have anyone on the bench. I feel like we’re being completely let down. Because I can’t play against many players. They’ve done everything they could and this has been going on for weeks and months now. And we have twelve, thirteen players available from the squad and we don’t feel any support.”

“The worst thing is that we sell our captain a day before a Premier League match. We are preparing, it is the first week of training since September, and then we sell our captain a day before a match. So I don’t understand this. I have always kept my mouth shut, but that is not possible because I have to defend these players, because today was the 35th match.”

“Yes, we are under pressure here and we are unlucky. But again, you can’t react, we can’t help them, that makes it really tough tonight.”

Read – Three Crystal Palace players Oliver Glasner could join Man Utd


When asked who specifically left Crystal Palace, he replied: “It’s quite clear, yes? It’s quite clear. Again, I haven’t sold anyone. If your heart is torn apart twice this season, a day before a match, it was with (Eberechi) Eze in the summer, and now it was with Guehi, you know? What do I tell the players all the time? What do I tell them?”

“And then I see today’s performance for 50, 60 minutes. Today it was not easy with all the conditions here with twelve players from the team. And yes, then you have 15, 20 minutes when you are under pressure, you concede the goal. I look at the bench, I cannot react, only children on the bench, and this did not happen yesterday, this was weeks ago. That is why I am really frustrated today.”

When asked if he had told the board about his frustrations, Glasner replied: “Of course they know, we talk all the time. But again, talking doesn’t win the game.”

The 51-year-old has been linked with the Manchester United job after Ruben Amorim was sacked earlier this month.

Read more – Michael Carrick’s message inspires Man Utd to victory over Man City

See also – 10 defining moments in the Manchester Derby rivalry

Follow The Football Faithful on social media:

Facebook | Instagram | Tweet | YouTube | TikTok


#Crystal #Palace #completely #deserted #Glasner #strikes

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *