British have been left to scratch their heads after the national warning system has not warned them of a, albeit, hypothetical risk to life.
87 million telephones had to vibrate, play a loud noise and give a Jump shart on Sunday at 3 p.m. for a whole nation.
The government said it is planning to use the system to give real warnings, as in heavy weather or if there is a disaster that pays a serious danger to life.
Is your phone not closed? Please contact barney.davis@metro.co.uk
But some British complained that they had not been informed, which could be a bit of a problem in a real-life Doomsday scenario.
Teacher Katie Lathan said her alarm did not go out on her Android phone. She told Metro: ‘Well, I think I’m gone. Nobody thinks to tell me anything anymore. ‘
Austin Wellbelove, said Metro: ‘I received the message on my phone, but there was no sound or vibration. My iPhone was set to silent, which was not lifted. ‘
Lucy Wright-Perkins was worried that her phone did not get off.
She told Metro: ‘The warning did not go on my phone today. Ensures that it will fail in a real emergency. ‘
Sean Kennedy, posted on X: ‘Well, this emergency alarm system is great. My phone cannot be disturbed and it did not go off. So if there is a major emergency situation, an approaching nuclear attack, anyone in a meeting or a nap does not be informed. What a waste of time. ‘
Do you want to know more about the government and how their policy influences you?
Hello, I am Craig Munro and I am MetroThe man in Westminster.
Every Wednesday I write our Okay, government? Newsletter with insights from behind the scenes in the houses of parliament – and how the decisions that were made there will influence you.

In last week’s newsletter I wrote about the potential consequences of the Epping Hotel decision and whether or not we should worry about taxes that go up.
Click here to register
The MetroThe own SEO reporter Jack Slater had a different experience. “I had the opposite problem – I got the warning three times. Sir Keir really needs to survive. ‘

When was the last emergency warning in the UK?
The warning system has been used five times before in real emergency situations, in smaller parts of the country for a threat.
In total, it has been sent to around 10 million individual telephones in real ‘danger to life’ situations since the system was introduced.
When a non -depleted WW2 bomb was found in Plymouth, around 50,000 telephones were sent an alert about having to evacuate.
Warnings were also sent to 15,000 telephones last year during serious floods in Cumbria, and to 10,000 telephones in Leicestershire, who had to deal with serious floods in January.
Most warnings to date were Darragh and Storm Eowyn, where 3.4 million and 4.5 million reports were sent to people on their paths respectively.
More: What time is the UK Emergency Alert test today? How to protrude on iPhone and Android
More: Asylum seekers to be moved from hotels to military barracks’ under Nieuw Starmer -Plan
More: Everything you need to know about the emergency notification today
#British #despair #national #emergency #alarm


